How can I become an AHA Instructor?
The steps are simple – get started today!
- Complete an Instructor Candidate Application for your local Training Center before enrolling in an Instructor Course. The TCC or President of the Training Center will conduct an interview.
- Have current AHA provider status in the discipline of the Instructor Course, and be proficient in all the skills of that discipline. Disciplines include ACLS, BLS, PALS, PEARS® and Heart Saver®.
- Complete Instructor Essential can be purchase an onlineaha.org available on Mar. 15, 2017 (BLS Instructor Essential).
- Successfully complete the discipline-specific classroom Instructor Course. Note: You need an Instructor Manual for the specific discipline you will be taking; it is available at channing-bete.org, Worldpoint or Laerdal.
- You need to observe a class, help or assist of the discipline you will be certified, (bring your instructor manual). Next step is to schedule a date to be monitored; it should be within six months after completing the Instructor Course. Training Center Coordinators may require additional monitoring based on the result given by the Training Center Faculty. Once you become an Instructor, you will have access to the most current emergency cardiovascular care science, course updates, training resources and tools through the online AHA Instructor Network. You will also be able to post class dates and times to reach more students through our public website.
How to be aligned with RCPALS as an Instructor or Training Site?
- An interview with TC Coordinator or our TC president is required
- Instructors that are trained or taken the course with RCPALS are given the chance to align with our TC.
- If you are an Instructor aligned with another TC, Jeff, our company owner will meet you to see if your objective is same as RCPALS.
- RCPALS will check your website prior to alignment to verify with compliance with AHA standards. TS Agreement will be signed and Alignment fee paid,
- For instructors transferring from another TC, you will complete an Instructor Transfer Request Form and send to current TC. Current TC has 30 days to turn in documents on file.
- To complete transfer or instructor class: you will be monitored in a class for each specific discipline you have or took. A fee is applied if monitoring is done outside RCPALS.
- Register on AHA Instructor Network and changed alignment to RCPALS.
- When TCC receives all documents from current TC, we will then confirm alignment of the instructor.